Yes Dallas getting the fender lines to look right is one of the challenges and one of the reasons I've studied every picture of a conversion like this that I've been able to find.
I don't own any pictures of a COE Suburban, or I'd show you what others have done. I do have three pictures, but don't have rights to publish any of them online. Unfortunately I have never seen one of these conversions with my own eyes. I've thought about driving to Spokane and photographing the one there just for that reason.
They do not look right if the fenders are left where the stock sheet metal places them. My own plan is to lower the rear fenders. I'll fill the stock opening using panels either from the side of a panel or maybe door skin. Rather than use panel/Suburban fenders I'll use modified pickup fenders. The reason for this is one that I'll need both to go wider than the stock fender to cover dual wheels and second because the curvature of the body exposes area the panel fender won't cover.
This truck is at least a couple down on my project list, in part because I'm still figuring out how to solve some of these problems, and in part because I want to finish others first. And I guess to be honest in part because I don't move very fast... The advantage of my slow pace is I get to observe more good and bad approaches others have tried.