| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,077 Posts1,056,281 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 77 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 77 | I have a question about the 01 -06 dually center caps. I am running 78 model running gear under my truck and using the stainless steel simulators over the steel wheel. I have thought about using new model GMC center caps but I do not know anyone who owns one of the new duallies to do a test fit. The sims that I have use a plate that mounts under the lug ring and the sim cap pushes on and off the plate. I need to know if the new center caps are secured using the plastic lug nut caps and if the lug thread is different on the 78 vs. the 01-06 because if the cap is secured with the plactic lug caps then the lug nuts will have to be changed to the 01-06 style. I have a feeling that the new ones are metric and it will not work. I really do not like the way the sims cap is installed because I have bent one of them while trying to gently re-install it. The stainless center cap is so thin that you can look at it and it will bend. Any thoughts would be benificial. This is the photo of the caps. center caps
Last edited by cletis; 01/09/2009 2:06 AM. Reason: deleted ebay link
| | |
| |
| |