Hello everyone. I was a Stovebolter in my younger days and didnt know it and now that I have gained the sickness again I figured this was the proper place to be.
I am currently driving a 50 Chevy 1/2 ton 5 window as my daily driver now. It is all original 216 6volt 3 spd on old 6.50 x 16 bias rubber. Currently sporting a flashy off white and grey primer motif. I have owned this beast since this past summer and finaly got it on the road 1 day before our coldest day in 20 years. Thank goodness for block heaters. My boys nic'd the truck as Cranky Ol Joe so figured was a good nic for me here.
In the garage I also have a 55 1st Series project that has been sitting for 15 years that I have restarted the build on.
My first vechile as a 55 GMC 2nd series that I had so many years ago where i learned to drive the hills with a std and of course vacuum wipers in the rainy season. It was fun truck (I am blocking all the memerioes of fixing said wipers and shift linkage during the Soggy Season on the coast of BC)
I hope to gather more info along the way with my project and knowledge on the 50.
Thanks