Got everything apart except getting the tank itself out of the truck. I'll do that 1st thing in the morning.

I think I've learned a valuable lesson here. Now that I can really see how full of varnish and debris the tank is I realize that I wasn't smart to run the truck with the uncleaned tank on it. Fortunately I only ran it a little bit after I had rinsed and drained the tank with fresh gas and had a fresh fuel filter on before the fuel pump. That filter picked up a lot of junk just in the short amount of run time the truck got. Of course it couldn't trap varnish. The brass shut off valve on the bottom of the tank was nearly stopped up with all the crap in it. It came apart and cleaned up fine, but if it's this nasty the tank's got to be as bad or worse.

Anyhow, tank comes off and goes to get hottanked and tested tomorrow. Carb is off to Larry Isgro for a rebuild - beautiful work I've seen from that guy. Hoping to get it all back together in the next week to 10 days. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Now if I could just find that pack of smokes... Oh yeah, I left them by the gas tank...

David Bush