I bought a 91 astro van for $150 with a bad engine. Took out the wireing from the computer to engine and cut out the circuts I didn't need. Like the wires to the automatic transmission. The program is the stock one that was in the computer. I tried the 4.3 throttle body but the injectors leaked badly so I put a 5.0 tbi on it. It the same tbi only the injectors flow more fuel. I'm going to repair the 4.3 tbi and retry when I have time. I used the map sensor, distributor,temp sensor ect.. from the 4.3. The new engine has a lot of torq It sound cool revs up nice and is a blast to drive. Has more pulling power than the 327 did. fist gear is all most like a granny gear, thats why I thinking about the 3.08 rear end. The engine looks impressive to, will try to figure out how to post some pictures..