I went to Wichita Kansas this weekend to watch a friends daughters dance in the Nutcracker . While I was there I stopped at the Kansas Firefighters Museum & Memorial . When I pulled up and first looked at the small building across from me I was not all that impressed . I did not realise at first that I was looking at a restored orignal 1910 fire house that when it was first built used horse drawn eqipment . Then I stepped inside and found a Wonderful world of old firefighting equipment and artifacts. I spent over a hour ( should have allowed more time ) looking at more stuff than than I thought could be placed on display in such a small buildng . Two floors of equipment - displays - pictures - ect... they hope to build another building to display the equipment/items that are in storage . The people that watch over the museum are mostly ex-firefighters ( Captn."BK" walked me threw ) and are Most helpful with how things work what went where and why on a fire truck . And where and who to talk to about items one may need for one's fire truck . In October every year they hold their Annual Antique Fire Truck Parade and Show and are always looking for more Fire trucks to come and enjoy the parade . Click HERE and enjoy their web site . Well worth the stop if you are in the Wichita Kansas area ! ED H