| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,401 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 96 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 96 | The pics are nice you sure have done a lot of work. With all that work you have done on the firewall it looks real nice. I haven’t seen a bolt on frame mount for the pre 47’s. I used a 78 Impala it was simple to remove and install. But you are going to have to drill holes in that clean looking firewall. The firewall flex is an issue. I had to run a brace from the bracket to the dash and that stopped the flex. The master and reservoir is all steel and made for a level installation. The booster and master come out a ways and the lines come out on the outside. Inside the swing pedal wanted to come down the left side of the column. I ended up with a collection of half a dozen swing pedal arms with all kinds of bends and angles. I ended up grafting one on to the original swing arm. The right side of the column can get a little busy with the gas pedal.
Don’t over look a Jeep column. The 88 wrangler (YJ) used a GM column lots of Standards but key in column. Maybe an older CJ may have the key in the dash. | | |
| |
| |