| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,121 Posts1,056,328 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,961 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,961 | I have an original one that looks it was all one piece from the factory. A steel line comes out of the T Block and over the timing cover. Then it looks like a flex line is factory crimped to the line. There is about 6" of flex line that ends in an EL fitting with a flare to go to the filter housing. When these lines were still available from GMC, I never remember replacing one because they never broke. I looked at a couple of my old GMC's and they seem to all have some kind of jerry rigged flex except for the one that I know to be original. I know there is a restricter in the line somewhere. I think it is at the end of the flex line which would put full pressure on the flex line. I'm not sure if anyone makes reproduction lines. I'm sure a NOS would be just as rotten as what I have one mine. Our Cummins Diesels use a stainless steel line for oil to the turbo. I think it could be adapted to work. It's not a fun thing to work on because the line is crammed in behind the filter and the lower radiator hose. | | |
| |
| |