I own and frequently use my DeWalt 18v 1/2" impact tool. It is very convenient, works well, especially with a good, freshly charged battery and very handy. I keep it and a good-quality set of 1/2" impact sockets, both deep and standard, in my work truck at all times.
My dad liked mine so much, he bought one also. That is saying a lot for a guy who would rather buy HF/Cummins (you get the picture) and use them until they crap out and buy another one.
I have seen them on eBay for very competitive prices...both new and used, complete with battery, charger and case. This tool is one of many 18v DeWalt tools I own and use every day and have for the past several years.
I am not a hater of other top-name brands, because I own many other tools manufactured by Bosch, Delta, Mikita, Ryobi, Milwaukee, to name a few, and I have been satisfied with the quality and performance of my DeWalt 1/2" impact driver for the average job, as well as, the stubborn projects.
Last edited by 4-5-6 Chevy Trucks; 12/01/2008 6:05 PM.