| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (Peggy M, 59 fleet),
87
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,096 Posts1,056,489 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 | I saw a truck like you describe in Hutch at the convention this year. May be the same guy. Those things were actually offered by Chev as oem for a couple of years in the mid 50's but they became obsolete in a hurry when Eaton and Timkin came out with through shaft bogies. Hendrickson walking beam suspensions must have been around in the 40's because I have some old Batco catalogs that list them and they look like there were very little changes from the 40's through the 60's. I just got through scrapping an Eaton 3 speed on a Hendrickson that had hydraulic brakes. I thought I was lucky to get $100 from a scrapper who winched it out of the weeds. | | |
| |
| |