| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,118 Posts1,056,305 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 23 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 23 | I have three hub caps for my 54 3100. They have a lot of surface rust, but appear to have been painted originally. The color scheme is a white background with a large blue Chevy bow tie and a small white bow tie within it. I seem to recall having read somewhere that the hub caps were painted rather than chromed for a period around the time of the Korean War. Is there any truth to the relation to the war or were chrome caps just an option at the time?
I am trying to keep my truck somewhat original in appearance and if there is a connection to the war effort that would be interesting. The problem is that I need two more caps and the ones available from the usual suspects come in chrome only. I am considering just looking for some used ones and re-painting them (this is a working truck, not a trailer queen by any means). Of course this is all moot if they are supposed to be chrome anyway.
Any info is greatly appreciated.
Aaron Frechette
| | |
| |
| |