From the info I got from trhe previous owner,and I found him to be a real liar,about the condition of the truck.It was originally a farm truck in Colorado.The second owner bought it in about 1990 and supposidly had it restored and painted. It is a 1955 2nd series.He then sold it to another guy in NM who took out the original boat anchor 6 and installed a 350 V/8 along with a M22 four speed trans.He then sold it to a dealer where it sat outside for about a year and a half,which pretty much downgraded the cherry wood in the bed. The guy I bought it from brought it back to Colorado,and I guess just took it to a few shows.He never updated anything on the truck. I bought it from him thru EBay in 2002.I took the frontend off,(fenders,hood,gerill,etc. Pulled out the engine and trans.Traded the four speed for a 700R4 trans.and installed a TCI M2 frontend complete with power R&P steering.Later on I replaced the rear suspension with a kit from TCI consisting of new 5 leaf springs ,new shocks,shock mounts,etc.,and flipped the rear so it is now above the springs.I took the bed apart and planed and refinished the cherry boards in the bed floor.I have been taking it to cruisins and shows since 2003.I have updated the ignition to HEI,and it is pretty much a show truck,not used for daily use.I do however haul a couple of lawn chairs in it to the cruisins.I am still running the original 3:90 rearend which works out very nice behind the 700R4 trans.She jumps out very good with that wicked low gear and gets 20 MPG all day long.By the way the 700R4 has been rebuilt for a racing trans,its not your everyday stock 700R4.
Last edited by dale937; 11/07/2008 1:46 PM.