Well after 2 hours and some experienced help from my father-in-law (mechanic with a lift) the new to me I-6 and 4 speed are at my house. A couple more hours spent cleaning and taking thing apart and it is on the engine stand ready for a light freshening up. Who was the brain surgeon that put those 4 bolts on the inside of the bell housing?
Also had my wheels shot peened (sp?) and I have some real work there to try to get them ready for powder coating. What was the correct color for wheels in '53? I was thinking about a white with a touch of a cream - kind of like antique white. That with the chrome lug covers with the red GMC in the middle. Also thinking of grey/blue instead of the original black. My '79 corvette is black and 1 black car is enough.
I am starting to take stuff apart and order some other things like floor pans and such. My goal is to have it dismanteled my Christmas (well at least the big parts) and then hopefully under cover. Cleaning, repairing and painting.
More updates later.
Thanks for the support guys.
Skydaddy