Fellas tell my why a fellow would go to a wrecking and get a used Q-jet and spend a $10.00 on a rebuild kit plus the price of the carb. which would run you $65.00 here without the bushing to replace in the throttle shaft as the last one I rebuilt didn't come with them. You can get a Edelbrock new carb. for $285.95 600 CFM ready to go or If you like the Q-jet reman for $299.95 ready to go. They are not worth getting one from a wecking yard rebuilding it for the $120.00 you save plus your labor extra cash for the bushings. I have rebuilt a lot of Q-jets they are a good carb. but the average guy after rebuilding cant get them to run right. I am sure a new Q-jet now days will run more than a Edelbrock or reman Q-jet.. That is the point I was trying to make here.
62Blue
Don

Last edited by Don G.; 11/04/2008 10:29 AM.

62Blue
62Chevy in progress
You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach3" Paul F Crichmore (Test Pilot)