If you're not in a state where corn is a big industry, there are probably no tax breaks for ethanol and it probably isn't used. Here in Texas it is used in the Houston area to meet emissions. I am a gasoline distributer about 60 miles north of San Antonio and none of the terminals I pull out of have ethanol. It was tried here in the 80's to please the tree huggers, but it was a real disaster. Diamond Shamrock, which is now Valero tried the ethanol and called it "white lightning" They lost a lot of customers and lost a lot of money on the deal. All of the old storage tanks still had lead residue from the old leaded gas and the ethanol dissolved it. There were lots of 50's and 60's vehicles in daily service around here then and it really played havoc with fuel pumps. In the late 80's and early 90's it got to where we couldn't get liability insurance on the older tanks and almost all of the storage tanks in service now have never had leaded gas in them. I am not going to market ethanol unless I am forced to.
Last edited by crenwelge; 10/19/2008 6:51 AM.