When you say "derusting" what do you mean? Are you going to try to sandblast or scrape or grind or what? The only way to completely derust all of the hidden areas is to dip the whole thing. Otherwise you're just getting the areas that you can see.

If you intend to sandblast the inside of your cab be prepared to spend a LOT of time cleaning the blasting media out of your cab otherwise it's going to be appearing for a very long time, the least convenient of which will be when you are painting.

Against a lot of advice I did parts of mine yesterday and all I can say is "never again"! I spent an hour blowing and vacuuming and it's still seeping out of the most unlikely places. Big mistake.


Woody
Your Brother in Bolthood

My 1951 half-ton 'Ol Red

Save the VINTAGE DOOR ART! Please contribute photos.
Door Art Collection