Hey guys
I know its not an L6, but i thought maybe i could milk your expertise anyways. I recently finished a total rebuild on a GM 2.8 V6 to put in my Chevette(the winter beater when the truck's away)A milodon High Volume oil pump was installed along with a new RV cam and lifters. I got the valves all set up and the motor was running fine. I get around 70 PSI when I fire it up, and it runs nice and quiet. However, within 10 minutes, the pressure has dropped to almost 0 and the lifters are clacking up a storm, and power falls off quite a bit. What gives? did i screw things up by adding a HV pump? Did i maybe leave an important bit off when i put everything back together? I know my oil pan got a little ding (a 1/4 inch deep at most) in the bottom-could that have dislodged the pickup? im at my wits end, and praying that someone elses experience may save me tearing down my fresh motor. Thanks!