Half way home with a load of hay doing around 45 or so (speedo is broken) there's a sudden vibration. I put the engine in neutral and rev the engine--engine sounds smooth. I slow to 35 or so and it goes away. Back to 45 and it sounds awful if I tromp on it.
It does get me home and after unloading the hay I jack up one wheel. In high gear with one wheel spinning fast everything is smooth as silk.
Anyhow, I bought what Jim Carter calls a repair kit U-joint since they don't have a complete joint for a 4-spd. I took it to a local mechanic who thinks it could be the missing rear motor mounts instead. Jim Carter sells these too. So should I wait on them to come through the mail and replace motor mounts or have him work on the U-joint? Is there any way to diagnose this thing before going for the motor mounts vs. the U-joint?