I found some info about my truck, I was searching on E Bay for truck stuff, when I came upon a lising for a 1945 sales brochure for trucks released by the War Production Board For Essential Users. It lists all the specifications for all the trucks, there is a page that tells about the CC-400 series trucks. They show the CC 402,403 & 404. Everything that is listed about them, my truck has.It shows the Channel Front Bumper,the 248,six, Dual wipers, the hand operated rear brake cables, and the vacuum operated 2spd rear.
My question is , are these trucks that were built to military specs that were released to civilians, or were they offered for sale to people who were in the military ? Or is this when they started production again?
The item # on E-Bay that tells about this is:330223327336.
I guess I'm safe to say my truck is a 45.
Last edited by JeffL; 09/10/2008 12:21 PM.