I'm thinking this is the best place to post this question, but if not I'll move it over to the Big Bolt forum.
I have a '46 Chevy 2 Ton COE with a stuck engine and a 4 on the floor. I have worked on the engine for quite some time using Kroil, and Engine Release and it is still stuck. Recently I got it clean enough to determine this engnie is a 1950 235 (obviously not original).
So here's the interesting part, I have another engine that is a 1954 Chevy 235 out of a 3/4 T pickup with the 4 on the floor and turns freely. (I believe this is a full pressure engine.) I am looking to pull the stuck engine out of the COE and put in the '54 that turns over. Since both are 4 on the floor will the bell houseing (clutch housing) be the same for both engines and bolt up to the COE transmission?
In other words when I go to pull the engine can I swap the engine AND bell housing from the '54 and put it in the '46 COE and have it bolt right in so I don't have to mess with the clutch and flywheel?
Thanks,
Chevman