Well, here's a minor problem that has me wondering. Truck is a 1951 with the original 216 thriftmaster. Everything is in good shape, gas tank has been professionally cleaned and coated, new 2 stage (vacuum booster) fuel pump and new carb, lines and extra fuel filter. Truck starts and runs fine if used daily.

Problem comes in if it sits for a week or so. I have to pull the choke out all the way, pump the gas pedal and crank for 5 seconds or so. Doesn't start, so this process is repeated 4 or 5 times. Engine finally will start, then runs fine.

It acts like the gas "leaks back" to the fuel pump and the carb is dry. When the fuel pump has time to pump gas up to the carb and fill the bowl, it'll then start. That's the impression I get. Once it's started, no further problems that day or the next. It starts literally after one revolution.

No apparent leaks or anything. I wonder if there's some sort of check valve I could add to the gas line, or something? Any help appreciated.

Fred