I would be happy to pay $40 per hour. Here in Ga in the burbs you pay $55-$65 hr. Dealerships charge $80-$90+ per hour to do general automotive work.
I just finished a 1965 Mustang Convertible. The paint/body work was right at $13,000. Did not require much body work but the paint was removed to bare metal & some old bondo was replaced with modern filler. A lot of sand paper time. The RED paint/supplies (wholesale came to over $1000). Looks great but with every thing else to complete it, I doubt I will ever get back what I have in it. It did receive a trophy at the first 2 shows I entered. I have not shown it lately. I guess its the "love" for the hobby we have to think about & not the price we pay for the LOVE!!!!!

Last edited by Harold46; 08/16/2008 1:06 AM.

Harold
Is a restoration ever finished?