I put a T5 behind my 235 without changing the pilot bushing. Not a good idea. So, yesterday my son and I pulled the transmission to change the pilot bushing. I had read you could pack the bushing with grease and drive it out with hydraulic pressure. Tried it, but it didn't work. Grease kept squirting around the dowel. Then went to auto parts store to rent puller. It didn't fit. Someone suggested using a tap, went to Home Depot but they didn't have anything big enough. Tool guy asked if I had found what I wanted. I said, "No." He asked what I was doing. He then told me a story of using Play Dough instead of grease to force out a pilot bushing. Seems he "HAD" to fix his truck one night and he came up with the Play Dough idea at one in the morning, found it at a grocery store.

Hey, when you are desperate you will trying most anything, right? It worked like a charm!

I got my mechanical advice from Home Depot, free; a 5/8 inch wooden dowel rod from ACE Hardware, 99 cents; and Fun Dough from Michael's Hobby Shop, $1.99 for two cans. The expresion on my son's face when that bushing came out - priceless.

Who needs Sears! smile