Hi,
I am tearing down, and cleaning up a 1957 235 engine to put in my 1949 Chevy pick up. The engine was rebuilt 12 years ago by a local machine shop & never placed into a vehicle, or ran.

I've ran into a problem. The steel oil line that comes from the oil pump, and goes to the oil jacket on the block, has damaged ferrels, and the brass nuts are dammaged. Someone cranked down so hard on one of the brass nuts that it was pulled over the ferrel and ruined it. I want to replace them, but the size is odd. 7/16. No one around here has anything like that. The steel line is not damaged.

I know I can't be the only one that has ran into this problem. Any of you Stovebolters have a suggestion?
Thanks!


1953 3100 with 1957 235, T5 and 12 bolt 373 rear