| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (fonz8261, jmoore, Hotrod Lincoln, Woodcmiami, Ludwig.van.dille, Shaffer's1950, 1 invisible),
73
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,077 Posts1,056,280 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 | I understand why driving it might seem a lot of trouble, but towing it will be more unless you have a real big truck up front.
I've hauled several 1-1/2- and 2-ton trucks on my 18 foot car trailer with a 1-ton and a 3/4-ton pickup up front. Every time I do it I swear I won't do it again. The last time I did it, with the 3/4-ton pickup doing the towing (my 1-ton was totaled late last year) I ended up towing no faster than the old truck on the trailer would have gone if it ran. I would have felt safer driving the old truck.
The suggestion that the lead truck weigh at least as much as the load is one I agree with, especially when the load has no brakes.
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | |
| |
| |