| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (3B, Phak1, 1955 1 Series, Peggy M, 55shaker, TUTS 59, WICruiser, Gray_Ghost),
132
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,105 Posts1,056,552 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 375 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 375 | We're back.
I just had my 235 rebuilt for the third time in 2 years and had a Tremec 600 installed. Everything works pretty good, but I've got an oil leak that I want to talk about.
Sitting on a flat surface, I get no leaks from the engine. After starting and driving the truck out of the garage onto my 15% sloped driveway, it leaks. After about 8 hours, I have a spot the size of a tea cup (2-3"). It appears to be coming from the back of my Offy valve cover gasket. Now, the guys that built thing know a thing or two about building engines; but...
This is a 62 hydraulic lifter engine with downdraft tube. The oil filler cap is not vented.
What gives? I'm a little concerned that if I don't have the issue on the flat, but do on a slope, I'm guessing oil is pooling in the rear of the head and not draining properly back into the pan. Right? What else could it be? Do I need to vent that valve cover?
| | |
| |
| |