| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
3 members (WICruiser, 2 invisible),
142
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,269 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#42779 03/31/2005 4:08 PM | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 1,904 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2001 Posts: 1,904 | Last year when I first got my rebuilt 261 going with a rebuilt Rochester Monojet carb, things were great. But as time went on, it has become more difficult for me to adjust the carb. And yesterday it started whistling.
Is the whistling a symptom of something specifically wrong or is it something I just have to live with?
(I'm going to look at a Carter YF that Stevejumpr gave me a lead on so I hope I won't have to put up with the whistle for long.) 1948 3/4-Ton 5-Window Flatbed Chevrolet 34 Years. Now with a '61 261, 848 head, Rochester Monojet carb, SM420 4-speed, 4.10 rear, dual reservoir MC, Bendix up front, 235/85R16 tires, 12-volt w/alternator, electric wipers and a modern radio in the glove box.
| | |
| |
| |