| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,119 Posts1,056,311 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 9 Member | | Member Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 9 | Michelle, I just had the same problem with my shifters. I opened up the shifter box, cut two u shaped shims from 26 ga. sheet metal. I pushed the bottom shifter up and slipped one shim between the shifter and the box wall. I did the same at the upper shifter and that fixed it.You need to pack it with new grease. It may be a tempory fix as I haven't put very many miles on it yet. Jim Carter has shifter boxes for about $45. I think I'll order one for when the shims ware our or slip out of place.
Good luck,
Jerry
| | |
| |
| |