Hugh-
I can't provide any info regarding the clutch spring right now, but just last night I was connecting my brake spring, so it is still fresh in my memory. It attaches on one end exactly as shown in Figure 11 using Bill/Red58's first link. (Seeing that picture makes me think I have mine installed in reverse: I installed the straight portion at the brake lever.)

On my truck, the other end of the brake spring attaches to a section of tough wire, looped on one end, and tied to the frame on the other. This wire is about 6 or 8 inches aft of the brake line T-junction. I used a brake spring tool to pull against the tension and attach the spring hook to the loop.

Oddly (at least on mine!) when that spring is installed, it runs about an inch or so directly over the master cylinder cap. To take off the cap, you have to push the spring aside to get unobstructed clearance.

Bill

(Bill: I got the MC/brake linkage assembly installed last night; sure was a lot easier installing than removing! I hope to bleed the lines tonight.)