Well, I've made progress. Found the online shop manual again(they moved, old link doesn't work, I found it a while ago but forgot to bookmark it, silly me) and said that a rasping noise could be caused by broken or loose parts, which I would describe this noise to be before it actually can honk. I removed the driver's side horn earlier as I suspected it to be the one with a problem, and I was right. On an impulse I just hit the horn button a couple minutes ago and it honked, but only with the driver's side horn off leaving the passenger side horn on. So, I believe that my driver's side horn has something bad in it, but why would my passenger's side horn not work with the driver's side horn on?


Jordan D. Long

1954 Chevrolet 3100 1/2-Ton

And some more pictures
Photobucket

I got a 'Possum Pickup... Now I'm the Roadkill King!!! Anyone want to make some Stovebolt Stew?