Hey Ed;
Yes, vacuum advance has been around a long time. My reference to the V6 was because the Langdon HEI is a reworked S-10 unit.

Mallory is, or was, a great company. I lived just outside Carson City, NV when they moved there 40 years ago. They did all their R/D, engineering, and manufacturing right there. Made great products. I've owned 2 of their Unilite distributors for small block Chevy.

It would be great if they would produce a similar product for the Stovebolt 6 but I doubt they ever will. They've closed their facility in Carson City, been bought out by Echlin, INC. (which is owned by Mr Gasket) and are now headquartered in Cleveland, reason given at the time was economic hardship caused by the softening market in aftermarket parts. I'm sure they're thinking the economic benefit of producing a distributor for us 'bolters wouldn't offset the costs of producing it.

I still have a little problem with an "adjustable advance". How many average Joe's would know how, or even take the time, to dial in a vacuum advance curve? Sounds like a marketing ploy to me.

I know Steve, and he was just kidding.