| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,623 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 | The rims look like what was standard for trucks of that era. Many tire dealers refuse to change tube type 2 or 3 piece rims because they are afraid of them. If a person makes sure the lock ring is seated there is no danger. I usually put a few pounds of air in them and then tap them with a hammer. Then put it in a cage and use a clip on chuck. The danger is inflating a tire with a lock ring not properly seated. Once they are inflated, there is no danger. Let an older experienced person change them who knows what to look for. If they are the split rim type, which I have never seen on that year chev, I would replace them. They split in the middle and there is no way to see if they are seated correctly. If they have a 2 or 3 piece lock ring, that is what I ran on all of my over the road semis until I started switching to tubeless about 25 years ago. | | |
| |
| |