My build of the 1954 261 engine has been on the back burner for some time now. I have recently started working on it again.We started to install the oil pump,and it is different than my original.The oil pick up tube thread hole is smaller on the new one.The position of the lines are different.Being a holiday weekend,i can't contact the machine shop i used for machine work and parts.Here are the details,what do i have.I'm also providing pictures,any help will be greatly appreciated.

new pump
melling # m-45
is shorter than original,thread holes are smaller,location of lines are different.

original gm pump
# 37023 65 GM 20 stamped on pump housing.
Is taller than replacement.

261 oil pumps

261 oil pumps pic #2

melling 261 oil pump

original 261 oil pump

Thanks,Tim

Last edited by bowtietim; 05/24/2008 6:30 PM.

1951 3100 Chevrolet
1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall
Image
"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams."
"Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything"
"If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"