Boy, what great timing !!!! I am working on a friend's 1954 3100 with the same problem. He knows three guys with similar trucks and they ALL have the same issue. This is a completed decent "driver" restoration, rebuilt engine, redone wiring, etc., etc. The carb is a generic reman, and I have not figured out what carb it is supposed to be. It has two floats on a common arm, and the float bowl wraps around the single throat. Oh, manual choke. It has both a "rattle cube" electric fuel pump and a mechanical as well, not a setup I like very much. There is an in-line filter at the mechanical pump as well as the in carb filter. His description is that it will stop running after a while, at which time he can crack the fuel line at the carb, and fuel spits out. Not conclusive to me. He says that if he pumps the throttle at that point, no fuel is delivered! This truck has been converted to 12 volts, and there is a ballast resistor on what I am told is a new 12 volt coil. The tank was cleaned.

So ................. I guess I need to start from scratch. Any suggestions? I'll get a kv reading on the ignition, check fuel pressure with the electric pump removed, make sure there is no junk in the line at the tank, etc. This should be a fun (?) puzzle.

edit; I figured out that the carb is a Rochester. Anybody know the float settings?

Last edited by snaponbob; 05/21/2008 10:47 PM.