Unfortunately this is not an easy one to solve. It takes lot's of struggle and ingenuity to fix. I have had a few trucks do this to me. It can be caused by something as simple as bumping the front fender causing the hood/fender to go out of alignment. It might take two people to get it open, one releasing the latch and the other jiggling the hood. You may have to lift up on the grill and push down the hood while someone is releasing the latch etc.
As you may know, there is a large shaft that has a spring on it that passed through the release catch. The large shaft can be adjusted when opened and I think I may have been able to get a large screwdriver inside the grille area and turn it enough to allow me to open it, but that was many years ago and there is lot's of gray matter loss in that time.