update - Split the manifold yesterday. Found a good donor manifold to supply the second exhaust output and allow a bit of cast iron "welding" practise. Will be trying a couple different methods, but instead of using the forge oven, I have decided to use an old oven I found at the recycling depot to see if the average Joe can do this himself or not. Anyone should be able to find an old oven (hey, I found one in 45 minutes and it was free!). Stopped in at the local welding shop for some pointers as well. Their advice - heat the manny up to as high as the oven will go, try a bit of Tig, try a bit of brazing, and try a bit of arc. Pop it back in the oven, turn the oven off and take it out the next day. Will keep posted of results.
cheers,
ryan