I would think removing the dash would be a real pain. The dash is welded not bolted in. The Gauges and speaker grill are out of my 52. It looks like there would be plenty of access through those openings. I am sure there is someone who has changed the harness and will have more wisdom than I have. If your gauges are still in it seems that starting with the glove box and working your way across makes it easier. It is not all that bad if you spray the nuts with liquid wrench. Hit the threads with a wire brush if they are real rusty first. The studs will break if you aren't careful. Make sure to take note of the wire locations. I removed the speedometer nuts through the speaker hole then worked across th the gauges. You can remove the gauge wires and oil tube once the cluster is loose working through the hole it was mounted in. The gauge cluster wires would be the hardest to get to and I would hate to try it from under the dash. I had the glove box, speaker and gauges out in an hour or so. The bolts on the gauges and speedo wil require a 1/4" drive socket, an extension and a swivel. Hope this helps. If all of that is already out and you still can't do it you could try training a 7 year old with little hands.
Good luck Neil