For what it's worth, I have a '65 GMC 4000 fire truck with a 1,000-gallon tanker body and a front mounted 500 GPM Darley pump. Here on the farm (we grow christmas trees) it's the most useful old truck I have -- I hauled a full load of water out to the trees just this afternoon after I got home from work.

And driving around around in an old firetruck is more fun than I ever imagined!

Mike B -- Peggy and I were on our way home from an event at the base (had the Marine Corps flag flying from the back) Saturday and the Lexington Park FD passed us on their way to a call and they all waved. Just too cool!

An old truck with a flatbed is just another old truck. But an old fire truck puts a smile on everyone's face. Fire trucks = Fun Fun Fun!

grin
John


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)