Greetings all. New member, first time post.
I recently inherited my dads old 1965 step side. Pics to come asap.
It's a 283 w/ 3 on the tree. There is a lot of slop in the shifting so I wanted to work on the linkage. Looking at the linkage coming out of the column under the hood I see the pins that connect to the links. There is a lot of slack in the pins at both ends. The connection is not much more than some loose washers and a cotter pin so I got some shift rod grommets (P4766-4008-A from clasicchevroletparts.com) but I'm not sure how they are supposed to go on. Can anyone show me a pic of the connections at both ends of the shift linkage?
I've also reviewed the excellent article on shift rod alignment but on my '65 I don't see the key hole to put the drill bit through. Any ideas?
Thanks, bill