Wrong Jim, this one is Bakelite. That's the problem; I was looking into making some reproduction switches since no one is making one. If I did it, it would have to be an exact replica and the Bakelite is the brick wall. I have been trying to find a source for black Bakelite raw material for a long time with no luck. If it were just thermoplastic I can find that everywhere. I could do it in the Bakelite in small quantities using a hydraulic press but like I say, I can't find the raw material. The white switch lever is a thermoplastic.
The inside parts are pretty simple, brass contacts and phosphor bronze wiper and detent.

If you replaced your switch with a new one and want to get rid of your old one, let me know, anyone!
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

Last edited by Denny Graham; 02/24/2008 1:32 AM.

Denny G
Sandwich, IL