KT, not to horn in on your topic, but I'm a bit confused. Could someone post a picture of what tube you're talking about. I've just finished putting a 216 in my 46 1/2 ton, and I don't have lines out of both sides of the block. Come to think of it, on the old motor either. I'm getting concerned now though, as the one line I do have was a brass fitting, and I had to replumb the line as it wouldn't clear the exhaust. It took some work to get it out of the block, but it came out with the brass fitting. Now, I'm wondering if I might have broken something off in there? I have an oil leak around the fitting, when the motor's running, but I thought it was merely needing to tighten up the new fittings. I'm going to have to take the manifold off to get to them, and at that point, it won't be "runnable" until I put them back on. I sure don't want to have to take all of this stuff apart multiple times. Thanks for any information you can share.