Hi all,

I must move on to plan 2. Again, I usually have about 2 hours on weekends to do work on the trucks so time/work must be calculated.

What I have found is that there is a lot of varnish/shlack in the bottom of the intake maniford. Maybe from left behind gas. The oil from the engine was not to bad. Black but no chunks or nasty stuff. After pulling the distributor and down draft tube I found the pushrods and lifters free. The valves popped when tapped with a rubber mallet.

This all seems good so the engine is either froze in the cylinders or something else. Somebody mentioned the clutch. Do I need to pull the transmission (it is a saginaw 3 speed) to check the clutch? And would that stop the engine from turning?

Is there anything else that I could check before taking major stuff off the engine like the head and oil pan?

I have an engine stand that I can use. If I take off the transmission do I attach the engine - via the bell housing to the stand?

Please. Any advice would be helpful.


Dennis
-there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer-