old red
I would get a new set of plugs, you're going to want them anyway. Then you might think about replacing the spark plugs wires. Look at the cap and rotor, if they look clean then keep them. If the look dirty or pitted replace them. Next, I would get a new condensor just to have. Then I would disconect the fuel line to your fuel pump. You then can hook up a gas can to the carb the will gravity feed the carb. Hook up some gas hose to the vent nipple of the gas can.
Check for spark at the new plugs.
no spark, replace condensor.
Check for spark at the plug
No spark pull cap and check for spark at points.
If you have spark at the plug.
Then reinstall plug and attempt to start motor
no start but spark check timing.
adjust timing as nessesary
reattempt to start.
It may take you a while but you will get it. Heck I did and if I can do it anyone can! Good luck
And welcome to the 'bolt!