Focus - which model heater do you have? any of them will defrost well if the engine's warmed up - the deluxe factory heater heats great in any weather - the factory standard heater works fine in my 58, but I avoid driving much when temps are way below freezing to avoid getting munched by others - the dealer installed heater I had in the 57 worked well for defrosting, not as well as the others for cab heat, but I've been comfortable with any of them around town or on the highway

what'll make a lot of difference is having some added cab insulation [peel n seal, etc], and letting the truck warm up before you move out .... and don't expect to feel like you're sitting in your toasty living room with the wood stove roaring grin

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics