Hi all; Tim from Ontario, Canada here. I have a '51 Chev "Maple Leaf" 3-ton dump dually that is ex-RCAF and has 43,000 original miles. It's not mint by any means, but it has great potential (I knew a girl like that once....). It has 5-bolt, 20-inch rims. I don't think it has the true widow-maker rims (at least not at the front), but I still can't get any tire shops in the area to fit tires to them (not even farm tire shops, small garages with tire fitting services, etc.). They're just too scared of them. Because of my business, I do not have the time to learn how to fit tires to the rims myself, and I can't find a junkyard that is willing to loan me different rims until I find the right ones. I don't know what the bolt pattern is (not sure how to measure it anyway). To be honest, it's all wearing me down and now I just want to get some rims on it. Can anyone tell me what later year/model of truck rims will go on? I am pretty mechanically inclined, but new to these trucks (I have a '57 Triumph sports car, a '65 Volvo PV Sport and a Mustang Convertible and I've had all of them for years--I wish I'd found this forum long before now) and I have no time. I see someone's working on this as a tech tip. Although a solution to this is not desperately urgent for me, I do need to get rims and tires on the truck fairly quickly as I'm holding up the garage that is going to do a safety check on it, prior to the truck going for bodywork that it's booked in for. Any help would be appreciated! Kind regards; Tim. (Can e-mail photos: [email protected])


Tim Dyer