| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,121 Posts1,056,328 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#36465 10/28/2004 9:50 PM | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 103 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 103 | OK - I checked the archives and can not find anything re: leak / seep at the accelerator pump arm / link. After a run, I can feel under the carb bowl and collect an oily (I use Marvel Mystery Oil in the gas) seep on my finger. I don't smell gas fumes in the seep, and the color is "reddish". The carb does not leak at the gasket as many Rochesters do - this occurs at the link. I rebuilt this carb with a NAPA kit and gas mileage is better. I can't figure how the carb is leaking at this area. Floats are set to specs and do not have pinhole leak. I have an oil bath filter, but this is a light oil (MMO?) deposit. BW | | |
| |
| |