Nope Jim, the only thing more modern that’s goin in my rear end is a gear. I’m not changing the housing. I know they are out there I just have to find one. Of course by the time I find one I could be so old that I won't want to drive over 45-mph. With a stock 216 I doubt if it could pull anything higher than a 4.10. And I stand corrected Fred, your absolutely right on the ratio, force of habit from the old drag race days you know.
I see where some of the guys have gone on a nation wide search to find one. I just hate to think about going to all the trouble of having a carrier shipped from Oregon to Chicago and finding out when it gets here that it's not the right one or that the gear set is shot.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL