| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,154 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2007 Posts: 131 Certified Bolt Nut | | Certified Bolt Nut Joined: Nov 2007 Posts: 131 | Hey guys, I found a "rebuilt" 283 on Criagslist for $300. I was thinking of taking out my poorly running 250 to swap with the 283. I have the stock 3 spd in my '65 and was wondering what I might be missing to make this engine work. What was the usual tranny behind the 283? Any and all comments are appreciated! | | |
| |
| |