| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,125 Posts1,056,338 Members48,440 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 8 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 8 | I have a 55.1 with stock torque tube rear end at 3.90:1 ratio. I have heard that a powerglide torque tube rear from a Chevy car can be installed as a bolt up to give a lower ratio and higher highway speeds. The only problem being that the axles have to be re-drilled for the six-lug bolt pattern. I have also heard that 6-lug axles exist for the powerglide rears as well. Anybody have any experience with this? It seems a cheaper and easier solution than Patrick's 3.55:1 gear set, especially since I have to find and use a '47-'53 carrier as the gear sets don't fit the '54-'55.1 carrier anyway.
thanks,
Andy | | |
| |
| |