| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,082 Posts1,056,303 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 41 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 41 | Hi Anthony. Welcome to the bolt. Have a look at this page from the 1955 (second series) service manual. It gives instructions on removing the windshield and preserving the gasket. I've never tried the procedure, though. I cut mine out and used a new gasket--but then again, I was replacing the glass too. Also, you can get a plastic window tool from most of the vendors that you can use to work around the glass and rubber. Good luck! Thanks Greg! That window gasket section really shows what I need to do - basically run a sharp blade through the gasket along the outer perimeter to cut the lip away, then I can (hopefully) gently push out the windshield as you suggest. I'll give it a go! Thanks again, Anthony  | | |
| |
| |